About the project
At a Glance
- 300,000+ filters distributed per year reaching two million cambodians
- Fights millions of cases of diarrhoea a year in cambodia by providing access to clean, filtered water.
- Domestic production stimulates local economies.
- Protects the environment by providing an alternative to fire or gas boiling methods for water treatment.
- Created 25 local jobs
- Improves public health through access to clean water and reduced smoke inhalation
- Financial savings for community members on fuel or firewood
- Reduces CO2 emissions by eliminating the need to purify water by boiling it
- Decreased the purchase of fuel for gas stoves
- Protects Cambodian forests that would be clear cut and used as firewood
How it works
- Carbon offsets are purchased to support the development, production and staff training at the Hydrologic facilities
- Water filters are available for the community to purify water and avoid illness and diseases caused by poor sanitation or untreated water
- Water filtration systems eliminate the need to purify water by boiling, reducing demand for firewood or gas
- Through funding from offset projects, Hydrologic continues to research and provide training to scale the project and reach more communities
Dec 1, 2017 - Nov 30, 2024
Bureau Veritas Certification Holding SAS
Bureau Veritas is a recognized world leader in testing, inspection and certification services (TIC).
Hydrologic Social Enterprise Company Ltd
Hydrologic Social Enterprise is social business institute which have a mission to ensure all families in rural Cambodia have access to safe, clean drinking water.