About the project
At a Glance
- The project currently supports 12,002 farmers covering 14,969 hectares of land across three different states in India.
- Besides increasing the forest cover, the project is a source of livelihood and income in local communities.
- Supports local job creation to maintain and run projects and silviculture
- Carbon revenues generated through the project will be shared with participating farmers
- Increases forest cover which is a key method of sequestering carbon
- Reduces top soil degradation from wind and water erosion
- Conserves biodiversity promoting soil health
How it works
Farmers and communities that own small plots of land that have degraded are given financial support and technical guidance to begin replanting on their land.
Community members are hired to help with the task of replanting and maintaining the degraded lands.
Once replanted and matured, carbon will be sequestered promoting biodiversity and playing a role in supporting soil health.
Land that would have laid bare is now a source of livelihood, and any carbon revenue generated goes back to the participating farmers thus stimulating the local economy.
Jun 25, 2001 - Jun 24, 2031
TÜV SÜD is a trusted partner of choice for safety, security and sustainability solutions. We have enabled progress in society and businesses by staying true to our purpose of protecting people, the environment and assets from technology-related risks.
Mangalam Timber Products Limited
Mangalam Timber Products Limited manufactures medium density fiber (MDF) boards used for in-house building and for making furniture. The Company also owns and operates timber plantations. Mangalam Timber sells its products in India and abroad.